Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Southerners Really Do Have An Accent

As I've said previously, Southerners are frequently mesmerizing when you hear them talk.  The are smooth, friendly, and really a joy to listen to.  However, sometimes it's not obvious what they are saying.

I was listening this morning to a local radio station and following along with the conversation perfectly.  Then, they explained that there was new construction in Myrtle Beach and they were building a "boar".  The other DJ said, "Just what we need, another "boar".

I was trying to imagine this animal or some kind of tourist attraction that people would want to see, but I was really stumped.  The third time I heard them say it, I heard them say, "bar" and that made a lot more sense.  I guess there are going to be some words that are going to sound really odd, but I don't think I'll ever go get a drink at the "boar."

No comments:

Post a Comment