Sunday, January 21, 2018

Southerners Can Really Talk

We haven't been here a full month yet, but one thing is obvious-people down here can really talk.  There have been several times that I was thinking to myself(while listening to someone talk), I don't think they are going to stop.  There's almost no way of getting a word in and they just keep talking.

Don't get me wrong though, it's not boring at all.  Matter of fact, it's mesmerizing.  Not only do they love to talk, but the way they sound is just incredible.  It's not just one person, it's almost as if everyone with that accent talks so smoothly, it's hypnotic.  I think you can give them a phone book to read and they would sound great.

I do like to talk about some subjects, but how long will it take to be able to talk like they do? Is it something you can learn? We haven't said y'all yet, but eventually that will come.  But a smooth sounding voice-that may take a very long time.  Maybe I can get a southern voice on my GPS?

No comments:

Post a Comment