Monday, January 8, 2018

If I Give You a Dollar, Will You Get Your Eyes Checked?

For the last couple years my wife and kids have been telling me I should get my eyes checked, my ears checked, my teeth checked and I should visit as many doctors as there around.  I really haven't had much time to go to doctors and I just barely got a physical and dental cleaning before heading south.  For the most part I can see and hear well, but now I have a big problem-I have time to go to the eye doctor.

I haven't had my eyes checked since George W. was President I think and I haven't had any issues with seeing.  I read a lot on the computer and have probably read 250 books since my last check-up. If there is a coin on the ground I can spot it from a distance away.(having found $90 over the last 14 months)  I don't like to have anything on me when I'm driving: no gloves, hat, plug in my ear, zip.  But I do have time to get an eye exam and in South Carolina you have to pass an eye test to get a new plate-for some reason.

Monika wants to go tomorrow and my mother-in-law was trying to encourage me to go and she said, "If I give you a dollar, will you get your eyes checked?"  That was easy to answer.  I said, "no, but if you give me a chicken I might consider it."  She didn't offer the chicken, so I may sleep on it.

To go or not to go-that is the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment